Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Question for Geo

  1. #1
    Inactive Member solman's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 17th, 2004
    Posts
    80
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Geo i was just wondering as to what parts it takes to put a trunk release in my car. I have a 94 like you. I thought you put that feature in yours so I was curious as to what it took part number ect.
    Thanks,
    Erik

  2. #2
    Inactive Member solman's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 17th, 2004
    Posts
    80
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    No that's ok. Thanks for the help. I looked on Majestic Honda and they have everything I need. Thanks again!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member BiffStroganoffsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 15th, 2005
    Posts
    322
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Geo and I talked about this a few rallies ago and you just need the cable and housing to the trunk and a replacement cable bracket for the existing gas lid only unit that has the extra boss for the trunk release. When you get that though, you lose the ability to lock your gas lid as it will only lock the trunk. You can use any Civic of that era for a donor but the cable will be longer than the Sol's. Just be creative with the routing to take up the slack. The trunk catch already has the necessary bracket and such for attaching the cable.

    Sorry to butt in but I seem to remember Geo being out of town for a bit.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Geo VP's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 21st, 2001
    Posts
    1,092
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Khoi answer is right on, but if you need more I wrote a How-To on doing it that may help too, link is here: Trunk Popper Install on our Team Sol of Washington site "How-To" pages.

    Geo
    President
    Team Sol of Washington

    banner38qx

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •